Replacing the Imaging Unit (CLP-R300A) for CLP-300, CLP-300N, CLX-2160N ,CLX-3160FN
How to Replacing the Imaging Unit CLP-R300A.
The life of the imaging unit is approximately 20,000 pages for black or 12,500 pages for color. When the life span of the imaging unit has expired, the Smart Panel program window appears on the computer, indicating the imaging unit needs to be replaced. Otherwise your printer stops printing.
To replace the imaging unit for Samsung CLP-300, CLP-300N, CLX-2160N ,CLX-3160FN:
- 1 Turn the printer off, then wait a few minutes for the printer to cool.
- 2 Open the front cover.
- 3 Remove all of the toner cartridges and waste toner container from the printer.
- 4 Pull the imaging unit out of the printer using the handle on its bottom.
- 5 Extend the top handle on the imaging unit and then use it to pull the imaging unit out of the printer completely.
- 6 Take a new imaging unit out of its package. Remove the protective devices on both sides of the imaging unit and the paper protecting the surface of the imaging unit.
- Don’t use sharp objects, such as a knife or scissors, to open the imaging unit package. You could damage the surface of the imaging unit.
- Be careful not to scratch the surface of the imaging unit.
- To prnevent damage, do not expose the imaging unit to light for more than a few minutes. Cover it with a piece of paper to protect it if necessary.
- 7 Holding the handles on the new imaging unit, push the imaging unit until it sounds ‘click’ in to the printer.
- 8 Remove four dummy caps which are on the toner cartridge entrances of the imaging unit.
- 9 Insert the toner cartridges and waste toner container into their corresponding slots until they click into place.
- 10 Close the front cover firmly.
CAUTION: If the front cover is not completely closed, the printer will not operate.
- 11 Turn the printer on.
CAUTION: If there is a cracking sound, re-install the imaging unit. The imaging unit is not properly installed.
NOTE: Each LED blinks red in a repeated order. Wait for about 3 minutes for the printer to get ready.